Sufi riding a leopard from a Bustan (Orchard) by Sa'di (1291)
- Previous custodian or owner
- Henri Vever (1854-1942)
- Arsène Aftandil
- Francois Mautin (French, born 1907)
- To 1912
- Arsène Aftandil. 
- From 1912 to 1942
- Henri Vever (1854-1942), Paris and Noyers, France, purchased from Arsène Aftandil on June 22, 1912. 
- From 1942 to 1986
- Family member, Paris and Boulogne, France, by inheritance from Henri Vever, Paris and Noyers, France. 
- From 1986
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, purchased from a family member, Paris and Boulogne, France. 
-  See Susan Nemazee, "Appendix 7: Chart of Recent Provenance" in An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection, Glenn D. Lowry et al (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 399. See also Glen D. Lowry and Susan Nemazee, "Appendix 2: Ledger of Acquisitions, 1894 and 1907-17" in A Jeweler’s Eye: Islamic Arts of the Book from the Vever Collection (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 232.
-  See note 1.
-  See the Agreement for the Purchase and Sale of the Henri Vever Collection of January 9, 1986, Collections Management Office.
-  See note 3.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Ahmad al-Husayni al-Mashhadi
- 1525 (931 A.H.)
- Safavid period
- Credit Line
- Purchase — Smithsonian Unrestricted Trust Funds, Smithsonian Collections Acquisition Program, and Dr. Arthur M. Sackler
- Ink, opaque watercolor and gold on paper
- H x W: 26.9 x 17.6 cm (10 9/16 x 6 15/16 in)