Folio from a Khamsa (Quintet) by Nizami (d.1209); recto: Bahram Gur and the princess in the red pavilion; verso: text
- Previous custodian or owner
- Claude Anet (1868-1931)
- Henri Vever (1854-1942)
- Francois Mautin (French, born 1907)
- From at least 1913
- Claude Anet (1868-1931), Paris, from at least 1913 
- To 1942
- Henri Vever (1854-1942), Paris and Noyers, France, to 1942 
- From 1942 to 1986
- Family member, Paris and Boulogne, France, by inheritance from Henri Vever, Paris and Noyers, France 
- From 1986
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, purchased from a family member, Paris and Boulogne, France 
-  The object is documented as having appeared in the collection of Claude Anet by at least January 18, 1913. See Susan Nemazee, "Appendix 7: Chart of Recent Provenance" in An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection, Glenn D. Lowry et al (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 408.
-  See Glenn D. Lowry et al., An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 226, no. 255.
-  See the Agreement for the Purchase and Sale of the Henri Vever Collection of January 9, 1986, Collections Management Office.
-  See note 3.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- circa 1560
- Safavid period
- Credit Line
- Purchase — Smithsonian Unrestricted Trust Funds, Smithsonian Collections Acquisition Program, and Dr. Arthur M. Sackler
- Opaque watercolor, ink and gold on paper
- H x W: 29.5 x 17 cm (11 5/8 x 6 11/16 in)