Folio from a Shahnama (Book of kings) by Firdawsi (d.1020); verso: Daughters of Barzin Dance for Bahram Gur; recto: text: Bahram Gur and Barzin Shah
- Previous custodian or owner
- Henri Vever (1854-1942)
- Hotel Drouot
- Emile Tabbagh (1879-80 - 1933)
- Francois Mautin (French, born 1907)
- To at least 1935
- Emile Tabbagh, Paris, France. 
- Sale, Paris, Ho^tel Drouot, Collection de Monsieur Emile Tabbagh, May 20-21, 1935, no. 161. 
- From 1935 to 1942
- Henri Vever (1854-1942), Paris and Noyers, France, purchased at the Sale, Paris, Ho^tel Drouot, Collection de Monsieur Emile Tabbagh, May 21, 1935. 
- From 1942 to 1986
- Family member, Paris and Boulogne, France, by inheritance from Henri Vever, Paris and Noyers, France. 
- From 1986
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, purchased from a family member, Paris and Boulogne, France. 
-  The object was in the collection of Emile Tabbagh of New York and Paris, France by 1935 when it was published in the auction catalogue, Collection de M. Emile Tabbagh: Art Oriental. Paris, May 20-21, 1935. See Susan Nemazee, "Appendix 7: Chart of Recent Provenance" in An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection, Glenn D. Lowry et al (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 406.
-  See note 1.
-  See note 1. See also Glenn D. Lowry and Susan Nemazee, A Jeweler's Eye: Islamic Arts of the Book from the Vever Collection (Washington, DC: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 35.
-  See the Agreement for the Purchase and Sale of the Henri Vever Collection of January 9, 1986, Collections Management Office.
-  See note 4.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Safavid period
- Credit Line
- Purchase — Smithsonian Unrestricted Trust Funds, Smithsonian Collections Acquisition Program, and Dr. Arthur M. Sackler
- Ink, opaque watercolor and gold on paper
- H x W: 30.8 x 18 cm (12 1/8 x 7 1/16 in)