- Previous custodian or owner
- Mrs. Selma Janow
- To 2003
- Seymour J. Janow, Washington, DC, acquired in Japan, to 2003 
- From 2003
- Freer Gallery of Art, given by the family of Seymour J. Janow in 2003
-  According to Curatorial Note 1, Ann Yonemura, September 30, 2003, in the object record.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- 17th-18th century
- Momoyama or Edo period
- Credit Line
- Collected by Seymour J. Janow and gifted in his memory by his family
- Wood, pigment, lacquer.
- H x W x D (overall): 17.2 x 11.7 x 8.5 cm (6 3/4 x 4 5/8 x 3 3/8 in)