A Seated Nobleman
- Previous custodian or owner
- Terence McInerney Fine Arts Ltd.
- To 1999
- Terence McInerney Fine Arts Ltd., New York City, acquired in India, to 1999 
- From 1999
- Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Terence McInerney Fine Arts Ltd. in 1999
-  According to Curatorial Note 4 in the object record.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Muhammad Zahad Samarqandi
- Safavid period
- Credit Line
- Purchase — Charles Lang Freer Endowment in memory of Cynthia Ratcliff Helms
- Oil on woven fabric support mounted with decorated paper surrounds backed with 18th century Indian album page paper and a smaller piece of calligraphy on the back.
- H x W (overall): 37.1 x 28 cm (14 5/8 x 11 in)