Visiting a Friend on a Wooded Cliff
- Previous custodian or owner
- Iida Yoshine (1898-1960)
- Mr. and Mrs. Douglas F. and Sanae Reeves
- By 1960 to 1962
- Yoshine Iida, acquired in Japan by 1960 
- From 1962 to 1992
- Sanae Iida Reeves, Arligton, VA, by descent, in 1962 
- From 1992
- Freer Gallery of Art, given by Mr. and Mrs. Douglas F. and Sanae Reeves, in 1992 
-  Ownership of the object by the donor's father, Yoshine Iida, is recorded in the 1960 publication Ike Taiga sakuhin shu (see Curatorial Note 4, Ann Yonemura, June 30, 1992, in the object record).
-  See note 1.
-  Transferred from the Freer Study Collection to the Freer Permanent Collection on December 23, 1994 (see Curatorial Note 4, Elizabeth F. Duley, December 30, 1994, in the object record).
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Ike Taiga 池大雅 (1723-1776)
- Box inscribed by Tomioka Tessai 富岡鉄斎 (1836-1924)
- ca. 1750-55
- Edo period
- Credit Line
- Gift of Sanae Iida Reeves in memory of her father, Iida Yoshine
- Ink and light color on paper
- H x W: 197.8 x 45.8 cm (77 7/8 x 18 1/16 in)