- Excavated from Xinzheng, Henan Province in 1923. 
- From 1923
- Freer Gallery of Art, acquired by Carl Whiting Bishop. 
-  Excavated by Carl W. Bishop and Archibald G. Wenley as part of the Freer Gallery China Expedition. See item X444, pg. 70 in “Part IV, List 2: A Complete List of Objects in the Bishop Collection” from Sarah L. Newmeyer’s Interim Report (1976), copy in the Carl Whiting Bishop Collection file, Collections Management Office. See Curatorial Remark 2 in the object record. Also refer to Freer Gallery of Art Purchase List after 1920 file, Collections Management Office. The object was transferred from the Freer Study Collection (Bishop Collection) to the permanent collection in August 8, 1974.
-  See note 1.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- 6th century BCE
- Eastern Zhou dynasty
- Credit Line
- Purchase — Charles Lang Freer Endowment
- H x W: 3.8 x 3.8 cm (1 1/2 x 1 1/2 in)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.