Luohan and lion
- Previous custodian or owner
- Wang Jiantang 王鑑堂 (late 19th-early 20th century) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1916
- Wang Jiantang, Shanghai to 1916 
- From 1916 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Wang Jiantang in 1916 
- From 1920
- The Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  See Original Kakemono and Makimono List, L. 1094, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Ming dynasty
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Ink and color on paper
- H x W: 99.5 x 53.5 cm (39 3/16 x 21 1/16 in)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.