- Previous custodian or owner
- Abel William Bahr (1877-1959) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1915
- Abel William Bahr (1877-1959), New York, NY, to 1915 
- From 1915 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Abel William Bahr, New York, in 1915 
- From 1920
- The Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  See Original Bronze List, S.I. 776, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. Abel William Bahr (1877-1959) was a collector and dealer born in Shanghai, China. After he left Shanghai in 1910, he lived, at various points in time, in London, Montreal, and Ridgefield, Connecticut. He established a gallery in New York City in 1920.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Period of Division
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Bronze with gilding
- H x W x D: 4.7 x 1.9 x 2.9 cm (1 7/8 x 3/4 x 1 1/8 in)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.