Vase in the form of a gourd
- Previous custodian or owner
- Yamanaka and Co. 山中商会 (1917 - 1965) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- Hon'ami Koetsu 本阿弥光悦 (1558-1637)
- Possibly Temple Dai-toku-ji 
- To 1911
- Yamanaka & Company, Kyoto, to 1911 
- From 1911 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Yamanaka & Company in 1911 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  "Said to have been presented by Koyetsu to the temple Dai-toku-ji" (according to Folder Sheet, see Curatorial Remark 3 , C.L. Freer, in the object record). See also, Curatorial Remark 5, L.A. Cort, December 14, 1993, in the object record.
-  See Original Bronze List, S.I. 298, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 2.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- 17th century or later
- Edo period
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- H x W: 21.2 x 13.8 cm (8 3/8 x 5 7/16 in)