Nocturne: Trafalgar Square, ChelseaSnow
- Previous custodian or owner
- J. Martin White (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- Loaned by Albert Moore in 1892 to Goupil Gallery, London for exhibition "Nocturnes, Marines and Chevalet Pieces." 
- To 1908
- J. Martin White, to 1908 
- From 1908 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from J. Martin White in August 1908 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  See Original Whistler List, Purchases Since Making up the Smithsonian Inventory, pg. 9, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
-  See Freer|Sackler exhibition history data, and Curatorial Remarks.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- James McNeill Whistler (1834-1903)
- ca. 1875-1877
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Oil on canvas
- H x W: 47.2 x 62 cm (18 9/16 x 24 7/16 in)