Scene of a party in a brothel
- Previous custodian or owner
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1907
- Unidentified owner, Kyoto, Japan, to 1907 
- From 1907 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased in Kyoto, Japan, from an unidentified owner in 1907 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  See Original Screen List, S.I. 138, pg. 37, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- late 17th century
- Edo period
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Color and gold on paper
- H x W: 95 x 274.5 cm (37 3/8 x 108 1/16 in)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.