- Previous custodian or owner
- Dwight William Tryon (1849-1925) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- From 1894 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from the artist, Dwight William Tryon in 1894 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  Purchased from Dwight William Tryon in April 1894 (see Curatorial Remark 6, Linda Merrill, May 1989, in the object record).
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Dwight William Tryon (1849-1925)
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Pastel on olive paper
- H x W: 23 x 31 cm (9 1/16 x 12 3/16 in)