An amusement resort at the seashore
- Previous custodian or owner
- Bunkio Matsuki 松木文恭 (1867-1940) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1905
- Bunkio Matsuki (1867-1940), Boston, to 1905 
- From 1905 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Bunkio Matsuki in 1905 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  Undated folder sheet note. See Original Kakemono List, S.I. 260, pg. 142, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Katsushika Hokusai 葛飾北斎 (1760-1849)
- Edo period
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Color on silk panel
- H x W (image): 50.9 x 115.7 cm (20 1/16 x 45 9/16 in)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.