Reading by Lamplight
- Previous custodian or owner
- Obach & Co. (1884 - 1911) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1905
- Obach & Co., London, to 1905 
- From 1905 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Obach & Co. in 1905 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  See Original Whistler List, Etchings, June 12, 1905, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- James McNeill Whistler (1834-1903)
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Etching and drypoint on paper
- H x W: 15.9 x 11.9 cm (6 1/4 x 4 11/16 in)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.