Benten (Sarasvati) seated on a rock
- Previous custodian or owner
- Michael Tomkinson (1841-1921) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1904
- Michael Tomkinson (1841-1921), Kidderminster, England, to 1904 
- From 1904 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Michael Tomkinson in 1904 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  See Original Kakemono Reserved List, R. 401, pg. 11, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Kano Tsunenobu 狩野常信 (1636-1713)
- mid 17th-early 18th century
- Edo period
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Ink and color on silk
- H x W (image): 92 x 34.9 cm (36 1/4 x 13 3/4 in)