Benten (Sarasvati) seated on a rock
- Previous custodian or owner
- Michael Tomkinson (1841-1921) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1904
- Michael Tomkinson (1841-1921), Kidderminster, England, to 1904 
- From 1904 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Michael Tomkinson in 1904 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  See Original Kakemono Reserved List, R. 401, pg. 11, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Kano Tsunenobu 狩野常信 (1636-1713)
- mid 17th-early 18th century
- Edo period
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Ink and color on silk
- H x W (image): 92 x 34.9 cm (36 1/4 x 13 3/4 in)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.