Nocturne: Blue and Silver--Battersea Reach
- Previous custodian or owner
- William George Rawlinson (1840-1928) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1902
- William George Rawlinson (1812-1902), London, to 1902 
- From 1902 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from William George Rawlinson, through William Marchant and Co., London, in April 1902 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  Undated folder sheet note, Object file. See also Original Whistler List, Paintings, pg. 3, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- James McNeill Whistler (1834-1903)
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Oil on canvas
- H x W: 49.9 x 72.3 cm (19 5/8 x 28 7/16 in)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.