Cherry blossom viewing
- Previous custodian or owner
- Thomas E. Kirby (1846-1924) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1902
- Thomas E. Kirby (1846-1924), New York to 1902 
- From 1902 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Thomas E. Kirby in 1902 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  See Original Panel List, L. 13, pg. 61, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Katsushika Hokusai 葛飾北斎 (1760-1849)
- Edo period
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Ink and color on silk panel
- H x W (image): 37.6 × 64.8 cm (14 13/16 × 25 1/2 in)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.