- Previous custodian or owner
- William Marchant & Co. (flourished 1907 - 1925) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1902
- William Marchant & Co., London, to 1902 
- From 1902 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from William Marchant & Co. in 1902 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  See Original Whistler List, Paintings, pg. 18, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- James McNeill Whistler (1834-1903)
- ca. 1885
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Watercolor on paper
- H x W: 21.5 x 12.8 cm (8 7/16 x 5 1/16 in)