Jar, cut down in Japan for use as tea-ceremony water jar
- Previous custodian or owner
- Siegfried Bing (1838-1905) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1901
- Siegfried Bing (1838-1905), Paris to 1901 
- From 1901 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Siegfried Bing, Paris in 1901
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  See Original Pottery List, L. 942, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Yuan dynasty
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Stoneware with iron decoration under clear glaze; gold lacquer repairs
- H x Diam: 20.4 × 18.3 cm (8 1/16 × 7 3/16 in)