- Previous custodian or owner
- Bunkio Matsuki 松木文恭 (1867-1940) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1901
- Bunkio Matsuki (1867-1940), Boston, to 1901 
- From 1901 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Bunkio Matsuki in 1901 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  Undated folder sheet note. See Reserved Bronze List, R. 5135, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- H x W: 14.7 x 6.2 cm (5 13/16 x 2 7/16 in)
- Musical Instrument