- Previous custodian or owner
- Yamanaka and Co. 山中商会 (1917 - 1965) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1901
- Yamanaka & Company, to 1901 
- From 1901 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Yamanaka & Company in 1901 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  Undated folder sheet note. See Original Pottery List, L. 1050, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. The majority of Charles Lang Freer’s purchases from Yamanaka & Company were made at its New York branch. Yamanaka & Company maintained branch offices, at various times, in Boston, Chicago, London, Peking, Shanghai, Osaka, Nara, and Kyoto. During the summer, the company also maintained seasonal locations in Newport, Bar Harbor, and Atlantic City.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Edo period
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Porcelain with iron decoration under colorless glaze
- H x Diam: 8.3 × 12.9 cm (3 1/4 × 5 1/16 in)
- Arita ware