- Previous custodian or owner
- Bunkio Matsuki 松木文恭 (1867-1940) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1900
- Bunkio Matsuki (1867-1940), Boston, to 1900 
- From 1900 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Bunkio Matsuki in 1900 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
- See Original Kakemono List, pg. 51, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Utagawa Toyoharu (1735-1814)
- 18th-19th century
- Edo period
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Color and gold on silk
- H x W (image): 52.9 x 96.6 cm (20 13/16 x 38 1/16 in)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.