Tea ceremony water jar, Karatsu ware, Takeo Karatsu type
- Previous custodian or owner
- Rufus E. Moore (1840-1918) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- Rufus E. Moore, 1899 
- From 1899 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Rufus E. Moore, New York in 1899 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  See Original Pottery List, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Edo period
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Stoneware with white slip under copper-green rice-straw-ash glaze, brown slip; gold lacquer repairs
- H x Diam: 16.7 × 18.4 cm (6 9/16 × 7 1/4 in)
- Karatsu ware, Takeo Karatsu type