Shigaraki ware tea-leaf storage jar
- Previous custodian or owner
- Yamanaka and Co. 山中商会 (1917 - 1965) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1898
- Yamanaka & Company, New York to 1898 
- From 1898 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Yamanaka & Company in 1898 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  See Original Pottery List, L. 18, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- 18th-19th century
- Edo period
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Stoneware with rice-straw ash glaze
- H x Diam: 36.4 × 32.6 cm (14 5/16 × 12 13/16 in)
- Shigaraki ware