Shigaraki ware tea-leaf storage jar
- Previous custodian or owner
- Bunkio Matsuki 松木文恭 (1867-1940) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1898
- Bunkio Matsuki (1867-1940), Boston, to 1898 
- From 1898 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Bunkio Matsuki in 1898 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  See Original Pottery List, L. 298, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- second half of 19th century
- Edo period or Meiji era
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Stoneware with "pitch black" glaze; thin iron glaze on interior
- H x Diam: 21.5 × 18.8 cm (8 7/16 × 7 3/8 in)
- Shigaraki ware