Variations in Flesh Colour and Green - The Balcony
- Previous custodian or owner
- G. G. Cavafy
- H. Wunderlich & Co. (1874-1912) (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- G.G. Cavafy, purchased from the artist, James McNeill Whistler (1834-1903) 
- To 1892
- H. Wunderlich & Co., New York to 1892 
- From 1892 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from H. Wunderlich & Co. in 1892 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  See Curatorial Remarks 3 and 4, S. Hobbs, 1977, in the object record.
-  See Original Whistler List, Etchings, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 2.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- James McNeill Whistler (1834-1903)
- 1864-1870; additions 1870-1879
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- Oil on wood panel
- H x W (painting): 61.4 × 48.5 cm (24 3/16 × 19 1/8 in)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.