- A stream in foreground, boarded on edges with scrub grass, leads toward distant mountain in the center rear.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Lockwood de Forest, American, 1850–1932
- March 20, 1876
- Credit Line
- Gifted by a Private Santa Barbara Collector, courtesy of Sullivan Goss - An American Art Gallery
- Brush and oil paint on thin paperboard
- 27.8 x 35.4 cm (10 15/16 x 13 15/16 in.)
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.