Design for Title Page, "Occupations of Women and Their Compensation"
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- A woman in a black dress, with gold bands across her chest and a medallion at the center with the letters "AT," stands holding an open book with a gold cover. A crown of three gold flower blossoms appears on top of her red hair. Flanking the woman are two tall black torches with gold flames. Green scrolled vines are intertwined around the torches and overlap with the woman in the foreground. Above the woman is written in black text: OCCUPATION / OF WOMEN AND THEIR / COMPENSATION.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Alice Cordelia Morse, American, 1863–1961
- ca. 1899
- Credit Line
- Gift of Alice C. Morse
- Brush and gouache on greyish-brown paper, mounted on illustration board
- Image: 25.6 × 17.5 cm (10 1/16 × 6 7/8 in.)
- Sheet: 30.7 × 22.6 cm (12 1/16 × 8 7/8 in.)
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.