- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Length of three un-cut-apart American flags with 39 stars made for the 1876 Centennial in Philadelphia. Around the border are the flags of nations that participated in the Centennial.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Elinor Merrell
- Medium: cotton Technique: roller-printed on plain weave.
- Warp: 134 cm (52 3/4in.). Weft: (selvage to selvage) 63cm (24 3/4 in.).
- printed, dyed & painted textiles
- Commemorative textile
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.