Decanter with Rose, Thistle, and Shamrock
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Bulbous lightly blown body, 2 neck rings-knotched, everted lip, row of everted lip, row of faint molded vertical fluting bottom of sides, above engraved with a rose, thistle and shamrock; target-shaped stopper with waffle pattern; pontil mark surrounded by makers mark (faint) and light fluting to edges.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- ca. 1800
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Walter Phelps Warren
- Cut and engraved blown glass
- H x diam.: 16.2 x 10.5 cm (6 3/8 x 4 1/8 in.)
- Decorative Arts
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.