Mother and Two Children in a Boudoir
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Woman holding a fruit sits on a low chair. One son kneeling on the floor to the left reaches for the fruit, while a younger baby in a cradle [?] to the right also gestures for the fruit. A painted screen and a toy horse fill the left side of the room and a chair in the right foreground and drapery behind the cradle complete the boudoir interior.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Jean-Baptiste Huet, French, 1745 – 1811
- possibly 1782
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Howard J. Sachs and Mr. Peter G. Sachs in memory of Miss Edith L. Sachs
- Pen and black ink, brush and gray wash, watercolor on white paper, lined
- 23.2 x 18.1 cm (9 1/8 x 7 1/8 in. )
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.