Advertisement for the "National Union of the United Brewery Workmen"
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Rectangular, rounded corners, image/text reads horizontally, inscribed "National Union of the United Brewery Workmen of the U.S. Affiliated with the A.F. of L., Headquarters: Rooms 109-110, Odd-Fellows Bldg., Cincinnati, O.," all in alternating type-faces in black and red, image of brown and black wooden barrel at center, with blue and yellow highlights, inscribed in very small letters on red "Union Beer." Lower side panel inscribed "United We Stand," upper side panel inscribed "Divide and We Fall." Reverse inscribed "This label should be pasted on every package containing Beer, Ale, or Porter, as the only guarantee that said package contains beverages produced by Union Labor." Central reserve features facimile of red label, featuring blue coat of arms flanked by inscription "UNION" and "BEER", the rest inscribed "National Union of the United Brewery Workmen of the United States." Lid hinged on long side. Striker in recessed groove on bottom.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Whitehead & Hoag Company
- Credit Line
- Gift of Stephen W. Brener and Carol B. Brener
- Plated metal, printed celluloid
- 4 x 7 x 1 cm (1 9/16 x 2 3/4 x 3/8 in. )
- Decorative Arts
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.