- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Fragment of printed cotton with fantastical floral forms and chinoiserie motifs, including single and bundled scrolls. Printed in blue, green, yellow, and several shades of purple, red and pink on an off-white ground.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- ca. 1775
- Credit Line
- Gift of Josephine Howell
- Medium: cotton Technique: block printed and painted on plain weave
- H x W: 34.3 x 47.9 cm (13 1/2 x 18 7/8 in.)
- Repeat H: 21 cm (8 1/4 in.)
- printed, dyed & painted textiles
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.