Proposed Convocation Tower, Madison Square (Northeast Corner of Madison Avenue and East 26th Streeet)
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Night scene of a skyscraper consisting of a massed cluster of low tiered sections below culminating in a monumental tower. The structure is illuminated by the city street lights below and streams of light from a chapel- like central section. A white cross is visible at the top of the tower. Pedestrians walk among silhouetted leafless trees below.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Hugh Ferriss, American, 1889–1962
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Hugh Ferriss
- Photostat mounted on illustration board
- 63.8 x 37.1cm (25 1/8 x 14 5/8in.)
- Mat: 71.1 × 55.9 cm (28 × 22 in.)
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.