Design for "Spring in the Country"
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Design for a "Spring in the Country" poster. In the upper half of sheet, a two-toned, light green leaf silhouetted against a larger, dark green leaf which is superimposed on a still-larger black leaf. These are floating in a pale blue sky with wispy white clouds. In the lower half of sheet, justified to right margin, a collaged illustration of a tree-lined road. In upper right corner, in large black capital letters: SPRING. At center left, in small black capital letters: IN THE COUNTRY. At lower center, horizontal graphite lines indicate space for text.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- E. McKnight Kauffer, American, 1890–1954
- London Passenger Transport Board, London, England
- November 21, 1935
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. E. McKnight Kauffer
- Brush and gouache, pen and black ink, collaged photograph, and graphite on heavy paper
- 37.8 × 23.8 cm (14 7/8 × 9 3/8 in.) (irregular)
- graphic design
- Object Name