Design for "Chicago"
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Design for an American Airlines poster encouraging travel to Chicago. Aerial view of the cityscape of Chicago showing a river running through the middle of skyscrapers, including a depiction of what is likely the Wrigley Building. Text in white and black, upper center: AMERICAN AIRLINES; in white, lower right: CHICAGO.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- E. McKnight Kauffer, American, 1890–1954
- American Airlines, Fort Worth, Texas, USA
- ca. 1948
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. E. McKnight Kauffer
- Brush and gouache on paper, mounted on thick white paper
- 24 × 19.1 cm (9 7/16 × 7 1/2 in.)
- graphic design
- Object Name