Nurse's jacket and pants
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Short flaring jacket with long sleeves, rounded neckline and asymmetrical closure. Sewn of white cotton decorated with wide bands of lacquered black silk at the sleeve, neck and front opening edges; with large frogs of same fabric. Matching trousers with broad short legs, with a band of coarser cotton around the waist.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- 19th century
- Medium: cotton, silk Technique: plain weave Label: cotton with glazed silk bands
- H x W (a): 83.8 cm (33 in.)
- H x W (b): 97.2 cm (38 1/4 in.)
- costume & accessories
- Nurse's jacket and pants
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.