- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Pleated fan, Painted white satin leaf. Obverse: scattered flowers, grasses and cherry blossoms. Carved and pierced mother-of-pearl sticks applied with gold foil. White chenille tassel. Pin is set with a faceted stone.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- mid- 19th century
- Credit Line
- Gift of Anonymous Donor
- Painted silk leaf, carved and pierced mother-of-pearl sticks with applied gold foil, chenille tassel, pin set with a faceted stone
- H x W (open, without tassel): 28.6 x 48.9 cm (11 1/4 x 19 1/4 in.)
- H x W (tassel): 35.6 x 3.8 cm (14 x 1 1/2 in.)
- costume & accessories
- Pleated fan
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.