Shirasuka Pass, in The Fifty-Three Stations of the Tokaido Road (Tokaido Gojusan Tsugi-no Uchi)
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- The sea with dotted with sails seen in the dip between two hillsides, each with pine trees, just below which appear the heads of daimyo procession. Lower half, the beach, with fishing nets drying. Boats offshore.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Ando Hiroshige, Japanese, 1797–1858
- ca. 1834
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mary Rutherford Jay
- Woodblock print (ukiyo-e) on mulberry paper (washi), ink with color
- 24 x 36.8 cm (9 7/16 x 14 1/2 in.)
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.