Mitsuke, Tenryu-gawa River, in The Fifty-Three Stations of the Tokaido Road (Tokaido Gojusan Tsugi-no Uchi
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Right, on near arm of river two ferry boats are beached, one with two boatmen. Left, on far side of sandbank are more ferry boats with travelers. Beyond, hills with trees appear in mist.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Ando Hiroshige, Japanese, 1797–1858
- ca. 1834
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mary Rutherford Jay
- Woodblock print (ukiyo-e) on mulberry paper (washi), ink with color
- 24.2 x 36.9 cm (9 1/2 x 14 1/2 in.)
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.