Sea-Side Sketches – A Clam-Bake
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Two boys carrying a pail turn their heads away from the dead fish in the lower right, while a group of young boys on the beach build a fire. One prepares to steam or bake clams.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Winslow Homer, American, 1836–1910
- William H. Redding, American, active 1870s
- Harper & Bros., New York, New York, USA
- August 23, 1873
- Credit Line
- Gift of John Goldsmith Phillips, Jr.
- Wood engraving in black ink on paper
- Image: 23.5 × 35.4 cm (9 1/4 × 13 15/16 in.)
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.