Cherry Blossom Viewing
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- This spring scene shows a traditional spring weekend of people enjoying the cherry blossoms and visiting a temple. Visitors meander through the gardens, up slopes, and around a Buddhist temple. Other people are shown leisurely strolling along and taking in the natural landscape. Hiroshige balances the scene with his architecture landscape, contrasting colors that are evenly dispersed.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Ando Hiroshige, Japanese, 1797–1858
- Credit Line
- Gift of the Estate of Mrs. Robert H. Patterson
- Woodblock print in colored ink on paper
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.