Great Wave at Satta Beach, Suruga, from the series The Thirty-Six Views of Fuji (Fuji Sanjuroku Kei)
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Large curling wave extends from left to right ending in a white spray, seen flat against the sky. In the distance at left, Mount Fuji is seen in lavender tones. A small sailing vessel is shown at center right. Red cartouches with inscriptions at top right and lower left. Red border across top edge.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Ando Hiroshige, Japanese, 1797–1858
- Tsutaya Kichizo, Japanese
- Credit Line
- Gift of the Estate of Mrs. Robert H. Patterson
- Woodblock print in colored ink on paper
- 37.5 x 25.4 cm (14 3/4 x 10 in. )
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.