La Presse, The Press
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Vertical rectangle. A man shown in 3/4 view, standing and holding in front of him an open newspaper marked "La Presse." He wears a blue coat or smock, black trousers, and on his head a hat formed of tiers of newspapers. Behind him, sketchy outlines of figures passing in either direction, and the exterior of a building with columns at right.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Constantin Guys, French, 1802 – 1892
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Erskine Hewitt
- Pen and brown ink, brush and blue, gray and tan washes over graphite on off-white wove paper
- H x W: 22.7 × 16.9 cm (8 15/16 × 6 5/8 in.)
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.