- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Vertical sheet illustrating a peony stalk drawn just left of center. The stalk contains two blossoms - one fully opened closer to the foreground the other only partially, both in pale pink.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Sophia L. Crownfield, (American, 1862–1929)
- early 20th century
- Credit Line
- Gift of Starling W. Childs and Ward Cheney
- Brush and gouache, graphite on gray paper
- 64.8 × 50 cm (25 1/2 × 19 11/16 in.)
- Mat: 71.1 × 55.9 cm (28 × 22 in.)
- nature studies
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.