- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Oval plan, with straight sides, straight spout and concave domed cover, hinged. Handle and knob of wood. Sides, repoussé, with chinoiseries: man playing a lute with a fan on one side, man with flower basket and woman with bird of paradise on the other. On cover, scrolls, birds, cartouche.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Henry Chawner, British, 1764 – 1851
- Credit Line
- Gift of Eleanor and Sarah Hewitt
- silver, wood
- H x W x D: 14.5 x 24.7 x 9 cm (5 11/16 x 9 3/4 x 3 9/16 in.)
- Decorative Arts
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.