- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- A stream in the woods, with a large tree fallen across it. Rocks in foreground, left and right, with a small waterfall between. This scene is probably in the White Mountains, New Hampshire.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Francis Hopkinson Smith, American, 1838–1915
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. F. Hopkinson Smith
- Brush and watercolor, white gouache, graphite on tan paper
- 34.5 x 50.8 cm (13 9/16 x 20 in.)
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.