- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Rocks are shown in the right forground, the middle plane, and right background. The sea splashes against them. The dark orange ground color is shown at the bottom.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Frederic Edwin Church, American, 1826–1900
- ca. 1845
- Credit Line
- Gift of Louis P. Church
- Brush an oil paint, graphite on cardboard
- 30.7 x 40.8 cm (12 1/16 x 16 1/16 in.)
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.