Maine Coast, surf
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Horizontal image of sea rolling towards the right, where two rocky tongues protrude. Top and bottom margins showing the dark orange grounding color.
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Frederic Edwin Church, American, 1826–1900
- ca. 1850
- Credit Line
- Gift of Louis P. Church
- Brush and oil, pencil on paper
- 19.6 x 35.7 cm (7 11/16 x 14 1/16 in.)
- Object Name
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.